Natural gas systems in rental installations can be dangerous. Often, with a change in tenancy, new natural gas appliances (heaters, stoves, dryers) are installed, and old appliances are removed, which can lead to gas leaks, and gas explosions. Gas explosion lawyers are often hired after a home explosion which was directly caused by appliances being removed or installed on a change in rental tenancy. Atlanta Gas Light, the largest natural gas service provider in Georgia, knows and understands of the dangerous condition presented by a rental tenancy, and has policies in place for inspecting gas lines inside a home when there has been a change in service.
Unfortunately, it appears that AGL failed to inspect the gas installations at a Roswell home, which led to an explosion and severe injuries to Pat Sammons and Brendon Morton, both of Roswell, Georgia. According to published reports, Sammons, Morton, and a third roommate moved into a home in Roswell, Georgia, where, unbeknownst to them, there was a slow gas leak into the home from a gas appliance. Because this was a change in tenancy at the home, and thus a change in account holders, AGL should have inspected the home to determine if there were any gas leaks prior to initiating service. Such inspections are routine and are designed to prevent these types of Georgia natural gas explosions.