Car Accident Lawyer
Injuries and death are a tragic part of life, but often times are preventable.
Every day thousands of car accidents occur across the nation. Most accidents involving two or more vehicles are caused by the carelessness of one or more driver(s) and sometimes occur because drivers are driving too fast for inclement weather conditions or poorly maintained roads while others occur due to a driver’s careless actions. If you were injured by a careless driver, a drunk driver, or a driver texting while driving, you may be able to take legal action.
We also handle cases involving injuries you incurred while a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, and handle accidents caused by Uber and Lyft drivers.
Preventable injuries, or worse, death, that result from the careless or negligent conduct of another person has consequences. Car accidents can have a devastating impact on the victim’s life.
An experienced car accident lawyer helps injured victims, as well as surviving family members who have lost a family member to wrongful death, recover from their losses.
If you are hurt at the scene of a car accident, CALL AN AMBULANCE.
Immediately after your car accident, you should seek follow-up medical care and treatment at a local hospital emergency room or urgent care facility. You should always continue treatment until you have reached maximum medical improvement,” based upon the recommendations of your physician.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Early
When it comes to making a personal injury claim or filing a personal injury lawsuit, time may be of the essence. Generally, most states have a two-year deadline for filing personal injury claims and lawsuits. Following your involvement in a car accident, any claim for personal injuries or damages must ordinarily be filed within two years of the date of your accident, absent some very rare exceptions — regardless of whether or not you are fully recovered. If your personal injury claim or a lawsuit is not filed within that time, you may be forever barred from seeking monetary compensation or filing suit for your injuries and damages.
The knowledgeable personal injury car accident lawyer at Flynn Law Firm can ensure that your claim or lawsuit is filed on time — and that all potentially responsible parties are named as defendants.
We help clients suffering from a variety of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck & back injuries
- Leg injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns
- Arm & shoulder injuries
- Psychological or emotional trauma
Classifications of Car Accidents
- Head-on Collisions – Head-on collisions cause massive damages, and involve vehicular forces which often lead to serious injury and death. Head-on collisions may occur on narrow two-lane highways with no separation between two opposing lanes of traffic. Rural highways and roads are usually just too narrow, and head-on collisions occur during pass attempts, where a passing vehicle travels in the opposition lane of travel — often at night. Head-on wrecks can also occur on city streets, where traffic often crosses the opposite direction of travel. Rural highways and roads are usually
- Vehicle Rollovers – Generally, these collisions are caused by vehicles making sharp turns at high speeds, or make sudden evasive maneuvers to avoid an accident (which, in turn, cause an accident when the vehicle rolls over). While all cars can roll over, passenger trucks and sport utility vehicles are at a greater risk because of a high center of gravity.
- “T-Bone” collisions – These types of accidents generally occur when drivers are making unprotected left and right turns. Vehicle damage and driver injury are typically more severe in these types of injuries.
- Rear-End Collisions – Rear-end collisions comprised 34% of all wrecks in Oregon in 2018. These often occur when a driver is texting and driving and slams into traffic, or when drivers follow too close to the vehicle in front of them and the driver in front brakes or come to a full stop. They are totally avoidable if care is used while driving.