Gas Pipeline Explosion Kills One, Causes Burn Injuries to Another
a gas line owned by Dixie Pipeline. The gas line was a 30 year-old propane line. A piece of construction equipment breached the line, causing the gas leak. Mr. McCorkle’s father was taken to the Joe Still Burn Center for his burn injuries.
Often, sub-surface (below ground) propane lines and gas lines are either not marked or improperly marked, such that those working around the lines cannot accurately determine where, exactly, the lines are buried or how large the line is. As a result, Georgia workers are left exposed to injury or even death.