$520,000.00 – Burn Injury From Gas Heater – Failure to Warn – Product Liability-House Fire
Pursuing a failure to warn theory, Jonah Flynn represented the family of an autistic child who was burned by the heating element on a duel fuel “RiteTemp Vent Free Infrared Heater,” while standing in front of the device. The RiteTemp Heater in question was equipped with an inadequate “safety guard” at its air intake, creating an unreasonable risk of harm to those in its vicinity. The grossly inadequate warnings on the device failed to warn or instruct foreseeable users of the dangers of being “sucked in” to the heater, particularly as to children. The hazards of “duel fuel” wall heaters have been well known for decades. Yet, the warnings on most heaters do nothing to warn about the dangers of the device when used in the ordinary and reasonable way it was designed: to heat a family home.